Thursday, June 6, 2013

SUMMERTIME

This week your Chatting Drunk Hosts talk about their favorite activities to do during the summer. WHAT ARE YOUR SUMMERTIME JAMS? WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE ACTIVITIES AND PLACES TO GO???




Tune in LIVE on Thursday, June 6th on Blogtalkradio.com to chat with your hosts about your favorite Summertime activities!!!


Michele

Growing up my summer consisted of Summer Day camp, hanging out with friends and family and weekends trying to stay cool! I grew up in the valley where all summer long it's in the triple digits. We would go swimming but I hated swimming in August because it just feels like you are in a warm bath outside. We would go to the lake or river and consume a lot of ice cream, sno-cones and sweet tea! Obviously summer bbq's are the best and the 4th of July never disappointed we would have home made ice cream, make sure we ate hamburgers and/or hot dogs and potato salad (my favorite). Of course we did our own fireworks...my favorite were the sparklers even though they'd always freak me out at first! We always took a family vacation, when I was really small we'd always go to an amusement park, I don't know if my favorite was Universal Studios or Disneyland! I have always loved movies and television so being able to see my favorite movies and tv shows come to life were really cool for me! As I got older my family started spending our family vacation's at Mission Beach here in San Diego we always enjoyed our time here!

Now that I live here I try and have at least one bonfire a year at the beach! I love the beach, the sound of the waves relax me! I try and work on my tan as much as possible but make sure I apply enough sun screen so I'm not going to get burned. (some sun is good for you!) In my early twenties I would always take a girls trip to Vegas during the summer one summer i took 3 or 4 of them! Last year I took a girls trip to Tamecula for wine tasting which was really really fun! I think it's important to take trips with your friends it's a great bonding experience! Who could forget the San Diego Fair?! That has become a highlight of my summers! Taste of the Fair Tuesdays is my favorite because you can get cheap samples of the fair food!

Last but not least favorite summer jams?! Lets see I love Summertime by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince and Kenny Chesney's song by the same name is my fave country summer jam, Vacation by the Go go's, Summer Girls by LFO, California Girls by the Beach Boys and Katy Perry's song by the same name is good too!

Leilani


Some of my summer jams are from some of my greatest summer memories. I love listening to Old School music, you know like the Lowrider Summer Jams compilations... lol! I also enjoy some of those 90's jams like Skeelo and Dove Shack. My all time favorite would have to be Summertime in the LBC! It's just one of those songs that makes you bob your head while driving to the beach and enjoying the sunshine. I love to spend my summers with my loved ones. We get into some crazy random adventures during the summer. Most recently, I went ghost hunting, and that was a different experience. hahahaha! Of course living in beautiful San Diego, I always make it a point to go to the beach. I like to enjoy the tourist attractions, but those can get pretty expensive, so I stick to things like the Del Mar Fair and some free festivals that you can catch every weekend. I also enjoy going to the theatre in the summer, especially the outdoor theatres. So fun! Finally, I love just hanging out and having backyard bbq's. Those are the best times!!! And especially when alcohol is involved, you know I'll be there! LOL! Cheers!!!

Luis

Tune in to check out what Luis has to say about Summertime. :)


2 comments:

  1. so many things mentioned in the show that gives more ideas for more shows... lol :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes The Anonymous One! The wheels have been turning! Thanks for the support :D Michele

      Delete