Thursday, May 16, 2013

IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR HUMANITY?

This week your Chatting Drunk Hosts talk about Humanity.

We asked ourselves the following question:
1. IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR HUMANITY? 
2. ARE WE EVOLVING OR DESTROYING OURSELVES.

Check us out live on Blogtalkradio.com, on Thursday, May 16th @ 9:30PM, where we will discuss our different takes. You can also chat with us on Blogtalkradio.com, Facebook, and tweet us on twitter. Cheers!





Luis


Do you believe that we still have a chance? Are we going to self destruct or turn into a creature of pure love, and peace? The way things are going it seems highly unlikely. But when I see a kid smile and dream of a bright future, sharing this planet with his or her brothers and sisters, then I think that we still have hope. The question is do you?

Michele

I feel like this is a really broad subject and I will only touch on us as Americans since I am American and live here in America.

I feel like we as Americans are really not progressing, we are no longer the strongest, the best, the one that causes fear in other countries. Sometimes I ask myself where do I live? Do I live in a 3rd world country? People come here and bomb us take our own planes and fly them into our buildings, take guns and shoot defenseless bystanders. Not only are they people who immigrated here possibly became American Citizens, but they have also been born here and we are causing harm to ourselves. I feel like we as a country need to come together and work on ourselves and become stronger as one before we go out and help others. I feel by overextending ourselves we are weakening ourselves and allowing others to harm us. At this rate we will not evolve or become the nation we once were. We may still be "the free world" but how free are we if we are in debt to others? We need to worry about ourselves and care for our own, take care of our issues here.

I would like to think that there is hope for humanity and hope that our country will rise again but I don't think that's in the near future and I worry about my future generations. After this last Presidential Election was over I was extremely concerned. In my heart I felt that I would not want raise children here in the US, in the state we are in now, with no change or end in sight. But I remain hopeful that we will come together as a nation and be as strong as we once were. You have to be knocked down to come back stronger then ever and I hope that is what we will do. I hope this is not the beginning of our end as a free world.

Leilani

I am the eternal optimist, so I would like to think that yes, there is hope for humanity. Do I think that as a species we set our selves up for failure? Of course. As humans, we always want the best and the biggest of everything. This is one of our ultimate flaws. We can never just be happy with what we have. I am also guilty of this, so I gurantee you, I am not pointing fingers. 

I think that we are evolving, and are constantly evolving. There is both a good and bad side to our evolution. We have created ways of keeping people alive longer, but at the cost of overpopulating our earth. We are so technologically advanced, but we have damaged our environment. We place importance on power, money, and success that we forget to look for acceptance, humility, and internal abundance. 

Overall it's tough to say how well we will do as a species centuries from now. What I do believe, is that we can teach the next generations to look for ways to help us survive as a species. When Michael Jackson sang "We are the world", he knew exactly what he was talking about. Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment